Central Allocations Unit
Applications are invited for casual Ward Assistants to join the Central Allocations Unit team, working in the Acute sector at Ballarat Health Services.
The Ward Assistant role is highly active and fast paced. It requires the ability to multi task, prioritise demanding priorities and be self driven while working mostly unsupervised. You need to be a team player, who is empathetic and believes in a holistic approach, and have excellent communication and time management skills.
Providing non medical assistance to ward staff, successful applicants will complete a wide range of tasks, including
- Cleaning patient areas, bathrooms, equipment and dirty utility room in the clinical ward environment
- Prepare patients beds for admission
- Attending to general housekeeping duties as required by the clinical ward, including patient beverages and collection of daily supplies and newspapers, patient flower s are watered and fresh
- Transfer medical equipment, patients files and results between departments according to hospital protocol and as directed
- Transporting specimens to pathology department
- Maintain stock levels of linen and non medical supplies
Successful applicants need to be able to commit to a variety of shifts 8.00am 4.30pm, 4.30pm 9.00pm and 9.00pm 7.30am. Central Allocation Unit employees are expected to provide regular availability.
Applicants must hold a current National Police Certificate issued within the past 12 months and a Victorian Working with Children s Check or be willing to gain if successful in the position .
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory immunisation clearance
All applicants must have the right to work within Australia and provide evidence of this.
All applications must be submitted online.