Registered Nurse Grade 2orEndorsed Enrolled Nurse Level 2
3 South General Medicine Ward
Multiple permanent positions available
Applications are sought from qualified registered nurses and endorsed enrolled nurses Division 1 and 2 for multiple positions at Ballarat Health Services BHS . These positions form part of a growth strategy for BHS that includes establishment of a new general medicine ward and ultimately extra bed capacity for our region in the coming months.
The successful applicants will be registered or endorsed enrolled nurses, preferably with a general medicine background and at least 4 years post graduate experience. The successful candidates will demonstrate excellent clinical skills and reveal within areas of practice behaviours that align to the BHS values of teamwork, respect, accountability and compassion.
Key Selection Criteria
Qualifications and Experience
- Current registration with AHPRA.
- Demonstrated clinical knowledge and skills commensurate with experience.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
- Care Management Having the knowledge and skills to secure relevant patient care data and identify key issues and relationships in the management of patient care understanding the relationships among assessments, interventions, and patient responses skilled in documentation of assessments and adjusting physical and cognitive prescriptions as needed.
- Patient Relations Meeting patient and patient family needs taking responsibility for a patient s safety, satisfaction, and clinical outcomes using appropriate interpersonal techniques to resolve difficult patient situations and regain patient confidence.
- Adaptability Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Initiating Action Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required being proactive.
- Work Standards Setting high standards of performance for self and others assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks self imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Stress Tolerance Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition such as time pressure or job ambiguity handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Managing Work Effectively managing one s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Communication Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Collaboration Working effectively and cooperatively with others establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
Ballarat Base Hospital is the largest regional hospital in the Grampians region. It is the principle referral hospital for the entire region, which extends from Bacchus Marsh on the outskirts of Melbourne to the South Australian border, an area of ~48,000 square kilometres.
BHS delivers broad multi modality medical and sub specialty medical services including general medicine, cardiology, oncology, neurology, renal, infectious diseases, endocrine and respiratory medicine. BHS supports medical and nursing training models with alignment to the university sector locally and via metropolitan partnerships. The model of care in general medicine includes a full suite of allied health and supportive services BHS offers staff vibrant research and clinical trials opportunities as well as broader links to education, training and wellness services.
Ballarat is a vibrant regional hub offering easy access to Melbourne, the greater grampians region and surf coast beaches. With a growing population, low cost of living, outstanding schools and vibrant sporting and arts communities, Ballarat is indeed an enviable location for your next career move or progression.
If you are a registered or enrolled nurse seeking an opportunity to grow your career in an exciting environment, we want you and BHS is the destination for you! If you feel suited to this exciting opportunity applications can be made on the Ballarat Health Services website via the e recruit portal. Include in your application, a cover letter and CV. Please include your AHPRA registration details.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Immunisation clearance and a satisfactory current Police Record Check.
For further information please contact BHS Nurse Unit Manager, Mr. Marcus Hovey on . Interested applicants can apply online at
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex LGBTI people.