Nurse Unit Manager
Specialist Outpatient Clinics
Permanent Full time
80 hours fortnight inclusive ADO
Ballarat Health Services is currently seeking a dedicated and enthusiastic Registered Nurse to lead our team in the position of Nurse Unit Manager of our Specialist Outpatient Clinics.
If you have exceptional, varied nursing clinical skills, management experience, a commitment to quality and are a driven leader, this is the position for you.
Working within a multidisciplinary team you will be expected to facilitate and foster best practise and service delivery to our clients and their families within the Specialist Outpatient Clinics.
Being part of a team that values teamwork, respect, accountability and compassion you will work in excellent facilities that maximise care, individual choice and quality outcomes for all clients and their families.
The Specialist Outpatient Clinics offers a wide range of services to the Grampians region and is found at several locations within Ballarat Health Services.
Key Selection Criteria
Qualifications and Experience
- Current registration with APHRA.
- Post Graduate qualifications in nursing or management
- A minimum of 5 years nursing or management experience
Technical Knowledge and Skill
Decision Making Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and probable consequences.
Leading Change Driving organisational and cultural changes needed to achieve strategic objectives catalysing new approaches to improve results by transforming organisational culture, systems, or productsorservices helping others overcome resistance to change.
Safety Leadership Actively protecting others well being, ensuring compliance with safe operating procedures, and inspiring others commitment to create and maintain a safe work environment.
Continuous Improvement Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes identifying improvement opportunities, generating ideas, and implementing solutions.
Suitable applicants must also demonstrate competence in the following behaviours
- Leadership Disposition Demonstrating the traits, inclinations, and dispositions that characterize successful leaders exhibiting behaviour styles that meet the demands of the leader role
- Adaptability Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Stress Tolerance Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition such as time pressure or job ambiguity handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Work Standards Setting high standards of performance for self and others assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks self imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Communication Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Resolving Conflict Helping others deal effectively with an antagonistic situation to minimize damage to the relationships and promote shared goals using appropriate interpersonal methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people and facilitate agreement.
Ballarat Health Services BHS operates the Ballarat Base Hospital, the largest regional hospital in the Grampians region. It is the principal referral hospital for the entire region, which extends from Bacchus Marsh to the South Australian border, an area of 48,000 square kilometres.
More than 230,000 people, or 4.4 per cent of the population of Victoria, live in the Grampians Region.
Employing around 4,000 staff, BHS mission is to deliver quality care to the communities we serve by providing safe, accessible and integrated health services resulting in positive experiences and outcomes.
Why make the move to Ballarat Ballarat is a great place to live, with low commuting times, a clean, safe environment and all the facilities you would expect from a regional city. With a population of around 100,000 residents Ballarat offers premium job opportunities, world class education, affordable housing, exciting restaurants and retail options, accessible community services, beautiful heritage, first class events and a great lifestyle for all. Lifestyle, investment and employment opportunities are all reasons why more than 2,000 people choose to relocate to Ballarat every year. For further information on Ballarat you can visit the City of Ballarat website .
If you feel suited to this exciting opportunity applications can be made on the Ballarat Health Services website via the e recruit portal. If you have any further enquiries please contact Annemarie McKenzie on .
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Immunisation clearance, a satisfactory current Police Record Check and a satisfactory current Working with Children check.
All applications must be submitted online.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex LGBTI people.
Job Title :
Nurse Unit Manager, Specialist Outpatient Clinics
Work type :
Healthcare and Medical
Resident Only :
Only People with the right to work in Australia / New Zealand may apply for this position.