Our client are a prestigious Australian media brand. Due to projects workload they require 2 Network Engineers to work on a projects based infrastructure build team.
- Large IT environment
- Project workorNetwork implementation only no support tasks
- Excellent Work Environment
- 2 years of projects scheduled
- Complete assigned tasks and projects in data network projects, including network connections, equipment upgrades, network implementation and configuration as directed by infrastructure Development Team LeadersorManagers andoror the Development Manager.
- Provide assistance, until assigned projects have been transitioned to Support, as directed in maintaining and supporting the data networks to agree with service levels and procedures.
- Manage own workload to achieve results to agreed standards and within agreed time frames provide regular progress reports.
- Maintain effective communication with IT Development Managers and stakeholders escalate issues and risks promptly to facilitate speedy resolution and maintain agreed timelines for completion undertake knowledge transfer sessions to team members and IT personnel, as required, throughout the project.
- Tertiary or industry qualifications in a data communications related field eg Bachelor IT or Elect Eng., CCNA, CCNP andoror relevant industry experience
- Experience 3 5 years and knowledge of data communications and CISCO networking equipment in a complex national networked environment
- Experience 3 5 years in the design, build, configuration, testing, deployment, support and management of the following will be highly regarded in large corporate environment
- CISCO Switches, Routers and Firewalls Configuration experience in large corporate environment
- CISCO UCS Blades, Chassis, UCS ManagerorCentral to configure and monitor the environment
- TACACS Terminal Access Controller Access Control System
- Network management tools such as CiscoWorks LMS and SolarWinds Orion
- Aruba Master, Airwave
- Load balance Preferably Citrix Netscaler
Non Technical skills
- Ability to independently manage your own work load to agreed priorities and timelines across multiple projects simultaneously, with a structured and organised approach, and possess mentoring and coaching skills for less experienced technical staff.
- Familiarity with working in time tracking and project reporting environments along with knowledge of Project Management and Project Management Methodologies.
- Well developed oral and written communication skills able to communicate complex network technology concepts to non technical staff ability to present and communicate confidently with service providers and clients proven experience in handover processes to system support groups.
- Existing Australian work rights. ie Australian Permanent Resident or Citizen.