Health Information Manager MR FormsorESIS
Fixed Term until 28or8or2020
Full time 80 hours per fortnight with monthly ADO
Ballarat Health Services provides a complex range of surgical, medical, obstetric, psychiatric, palliative care, rehabilitation and residential services. Ballarat is located approximately 75 minutes drive west of Melbourne and offers a wide range of recreational, sporting and social facilities for a population of over 90,000 people. A vibrant, progressive regional city, Ballarat is large enough to retain its own regional flavour but is within easy commuting distance to Melbourne.
The focus of this position is the management of paper medical record forms. This function includes governance, liaising with clinical form owners, form design and configuration of the form within BOSSnet Digital Medical Record DMR The role will also encompass data management of the subacute VAED and clinical coding.
MR Forms Management
- Design new and modify existing paper MR forms.
- Participate in the formation of governance structures to ensure the integrity of medical record content and structure are established and maintained in the transition from DMR to EMR and single hospital medical record to a shared regional EMR.
- Maintain BHS Digital Medical Record DMR Structure
- Work in close collaboration with other Forms HIMs, BOSSnet Business Analyst and Deputy Manager, HIS to coordinate input to DMRorEMR content
- Manage ESIS data submission undertake data extraction, cleansing, submission, cleansing, reconciliation cycle, ensuring DH and internal reporting timelines are met.
- Liaise with staff involved in front end data collection to ensure understanding of data and data integrity requirements
Key selection criteria
- Qualified Health Information Manager
- Intermediate to Advanced level skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and Publisher
- Excellent attention to detail, thoroughness and follow through
- Excellent interpersonal skills verbal and written
- Willingness and aptitude to learn
For the position description and to apply . All applications must be submitted online.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Immunisation clearance and a satisfactory current Police Record Check.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex LGBTI people.