A government department in Canberra is seeking the services of a Data Protection Storage Engineer.
- Designing, building, maintaining and documenting the Department s backup infrastructure across multiple environments and technologies
- Assisting with the configuration, migration and remediation of a large number of clients from NetBackup to NetWorker
- Remediating backup failures, new client backups, decommissions and vendor escalations
- Providing architectural advice for projects and BAU teams to ensure best practice implementations
- Working with Project Managers to define and schedule deliverables
- Designing and implementing solutions for complex data protection and storage environments
- Advising and documenting the implementation and ongoing management of data protection and storage solutions
- Facilitating continuous improvement of data protection and storage systems
- Escalating issues where appropriate
- Providing Subject Matter Expert responses addressing Incident and Problem management
- Regularly liaising with project stakeholders and ICT stakeholders as necessary.
- 3+ years demonstrated experience in operating the data protection solutions used within the Department EMC data protection suite
- Demonstrated experience in operating at least one of the Storage solutions deployed in the Department EMC and HDS
- Demonstrated ability in applying technical knowledge to ensure solutions are implemented effectively and with a strong emphasis on quality and compliance
- Demonstrated experience in producing data protection and storage design documentation
- Experience in facilitating the continuous improvement of data protection and storage systems
- Demonstrated ability to identify areas of high risk and escalate where appropriate
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment, build and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders within the department, vendors and External Service Providers
- Possess good written and verbal communication skills, particularly relevant in translating technical information to non technical peers and stakeholders
- In translating technical information to non technical peers and stakeholders
- Sound understanding of Windows and Unix operating systems
- Relevant IT qualifications or vendor certification in the following would be an advantage
- SRM Reporting tool Administration
- ViPR Configuration and Administration
- HP Storage Management
- EMC Storage Management
- Hitachi Storage Management
- Avamar Data Protection Management
- Networker Data Protection Management.
The role requires the candidate to be an Australian Citizen with NV1 Clearance prior to commencement.
The role closes to receipt of applications on COB Tuesday 11th June 2019.