Associate Nurse Unit Manager
Permanent Part Time
56 Hours per fortnight
Applications are sought from qualified Registered Midwives for an ANUM role within the Midwifery Department at Ballarat Health Services BHS .
The successful candidates will demonstrate excellent clinical skills and poses behaviours that align to the BHS values of teamwork, respect, accountability and compassion.
Qualifications and Experience
- Current registration with AHPRA.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Midwifery is preferred.
- Managerial qualifications desirable to have or working towards.
- Recent managerial experience highly regarded.
Technical Knowledge and Skill
Delegating Responsibility Allocating decision making authority andoror task responsibility to appropriate others to maximize the organization s and individuals effectiveness.
Care Management Having the knowledge and skills to secure relevant patient care data and identify key issues and relationships in the management of patient care understanding the relationships among assessments, interventions, and patient responses skilled in documentation of assessments and adjusting physical and cognitive prescriptions as needed.
Suitable applicants must also demonstrate competence in the following behaviours
- Leadership Disposition Demonstrating the traits, inclinations, and dispositions that characterize successful leaders exhibiting behaviour styles that meet the demands of the leader role
- Adaptability Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Stress Tolerance Maintaining stable performance under pressure or opposition such as time pressure or job ambiguity handling stress in a manner that is acceptable to others and to the organization.
- Work Standards Setting high standards of performance for self and others assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks self imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Initiating Action Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives taking action to achieve goals beyond what is required being proactive.
- Communication Clearly conveying information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
- Building Strategic Work Relationships Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
If you feel that you are suited to this exciting opportunity, applications can be made on the Ballarat Health Services website via the e recruit portal. If you have any further enquiries please contact Julie Lodge on .
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory Immunisation clearance and a satisfactory current Police Record Check.
All applications must be submitted online.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex LGBTI people.
Job Title :
Associate Nurse Unit Manager Maternity
Work type :
Healthcare and Medical
Resident Only :
Only People with the right to work in Australia / New Zealand may apply for this position.