Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Graduate Position
Registered Nurse RN or Double Degree RN orRegistered Midwife RM Transition to Practice Graduate Program
Centre for Education and Training CET
Fixed Term, Two 2 year contract, January 2020 to January 2022
As a workforce initiative, Ballarat Health Services BHS is offering a two 2 year contract for the early entry career Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Registered Nurse RN or Double degree RNorRM . The two 2 year contract is a combination of a twelve 12 month Transition To Practice Graduate program followed by a twelve 12 month Enhancement Program .
Additional supports is offered, including professional and peer development activities and cultural support from the Aboriginal Health Liaison Team.
Transition to Practice Graduate Program
Fixed Term Part Time, 64hours per fortnight
The first twelve 12 months of the two 2 year contract is within the Transition To Practice Graduate program.
The aims of the program are to
- provide support and guidance to the early entry career nurse
- develop self confidence, critical thinking, decision making, clinical skills and clinical competence as part of the multifaceted role of Registered Nurse
- provide realistic learning experiences to consolidate professional and personal development per standards of practice, code of conduct and national accreditation standards
- combine a practical and theoretical program to enable the early entry career nurse grounding in the nursing profession
The program involves three 3 clinical rotations for the RN or four 4 clinical rotations for the double degree nursing ormidwiferyRNorRM within BHS, with clinical support in the clinical environment. The variety of clinical experiences may include medical, surgical, rehabilitation, perioperative, oncology, dialysis, emergency, critical care, paediatrics, mental health, gerontology, integrated living andoror midwifery services.
Enhancement Program second year
Fixed Term Part Time, 32 hours per fortnight
The second twelve 12 months of the two 2 year contract has variable clinical experiences at BHS. The Enhancement Program is aimed at continuity of employment within the health service to offer the early entry career RN an ability to further consolidate knowledge and skills and to foster longevity in a nursing career at BHS. The clinical experiences will be in two 2 different clinical areas.
General Information about Ballarat Health Services
Ballarat Health Services offers a comprehensive range of general and specialist care across key medical and healthcare disciplines including acute, subacute, residential care services, community care, mental health services, dental services and rehabilitation services. It is a major teaching and research health organisation, which services the whole of Western VictoriaorGrampians region, from Bacchus Marsh to the South Australian border. The service actively supports nursing education and provides a range of postgraduate programs affiliated with various universities in addition to the Transition to Practice programs.
In addition to the mandatory e recruit application requirements, applicants are required to forward hardcopy documents of the following to the Coordinator Graduate Nurses
- Cover Letter same as uploaded to eRecruit application
- CV including three 3 professional referees one 1 being a 3rd or 4th year Clinical Teacher and one 1 being a current or previous employer same as uploaded to your eRecruit application
- Academic transcript including 3rd or 4th year mid year results
- ALL Clinical Appraisal interim and final Summaries including 1st, 2nd, and 3rd or 4th year of study
- Passport size photo x 2
Documents to be sent or delivered to
Coordinator Graduate Nurses
Centre for Education and Training
Ballarat Health Services
PO Box 577
BALLARAT VIC 3353
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory immunisation clearance, and a current satisfactory police record check and working with children check, where required.
For further information please contact Marilyn Kearney Coordinator Graduate Nurses on or
Closing date for applicaitons is 19th July 2019.
BHS is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, mature age workers and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex LGBTI people.